Fresh Apple Cake
Apple Cake with apple chunks and pecans. Try with the sauce or whip cream.
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Paring knife
- 1 Wooden spoon
- 1 Mini chopper
- 1 Sifter
- 1 Measuring spoon
- 2 Cups Apples diced
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 ea Egg beaten
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Pecans chopped
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbls All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Powdered sugar covering (Optional)
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- In a large bowl combine the apples with the sugar and let stand until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the egg.
- Sift the dry ingredents together and stir them into the apple mixture along with the pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 8-inch round pan.
- Bake at 375° for 40 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool.
- In a saucepan mix the sugars with the flour.
- Add the water and cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Stir in the butter until melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar over the cake.
- Slice cake for serving and drizzle with warm sauce.
Hop into spring with this delicious carrot cake. Made with real cream cheese and butter so it is not too sweet or heavy.
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- 1 Cheese Grater
- 1 Measuring Cup
- 1 Measuring spoons
- 1 Knife
- 1 Hand Mixer Or stand mixer
- 2 8" Cake pans Or one 13 X 9 inch pan
- 1 1/2 cup Vegatable oil
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 Eggs Room Temperature
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 cups Carrots Finely shredded
- 1 cup Pecans Or walnuts
- 1 cup Raisins Optional
- 1 8-0unce package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 1 16-ounce box of confectioners' sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl combine the oil and sugars, beating until well blended.
- Add the eggs slowly, one at a time and mix well.
- In a separate bowl sift the dry ingredients together and add to the batter gradually, beating until smooth.
- Stir in the carrots, nuts, and raisins.
- Trace and cut out a circle of parchment paper to cover the bottom of the 9”cake pan.
- Spray parchment paper with a light coat of cooking oil. Pour batter into the greased and floured cake pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until the cake tester (a toothpick) comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
- In a bowl, whip the cream cheese and butter together.
- Beat in the sugar gradually until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Refrigerate to store.